We know what it is to look good on the outside, but we understand how important it is to feel good from the inside.
The Life Enhancement Clinic provides cutting edge anti-ageing treatments. Our range of treatments work harmoniously together and individually
to promote long lasting, natural and realistic results that leave you looking and feeling great.
Your consultation starts by speaking with our doctor and a highly trained and experienced registered nurse about your concerns. This may include
your eye area, facial asymmetry, lack of cheek and lip volume, skin laxity, tone and texture. We work with you to help create a tailored plan that considers all your concerns, including your budget.
Our range of treatments complement each another, allowing us to create the results you desire by enhancing your face, neck and décolletage. The Life Enhancement Clinic treatments and therapies include:
- Anti-wrinkle injections for fine lines and wrinkles caused by repetitive muscle action
- Dermal fillers for volume loss
- Beauty Boost that combines micro-needling and the introduction of small amounts of hyaluronic acid (HA) for fine lines and wrinkles to assist in
improving your skin tone and texture
- Platelet Rich Plasma that uses growth factors from your own blood to stimulate the production of collagen and elastin, to improve the overall elasticity and plumpness of your skin
- Intravenous Vitamin and antioxidant therapies to enhance your skin from the inside out and provide you with that natural glow.
At The Life Enhancement Clinic our vision is to provide an unparalleled
clients experience that produce the best results for you, based on your individual needs. Our core values include honesty, respect, ethical practices along with clinical excellence and safety at all times. We only recommend treatments that meet your needs and assist you in looking and feeling your best.
Ageing skin, wrinkles and fine lines can make you look old beyond your years. At the Life Enhancement Clinic we know that looking good is to feel good so we offer anti-wrinkle injection treatments to rejuvenate your skin. We use only the best brands of Botulinum Toxin A in Australia, world renowned for safety and producing the best results.
All our staff have expert training and experience in the many uses of Botulinum Toxin A. When you visit us, we discuss your areas of concern and how we can assist you to get the results you desire.
Facial lines are caused by the continuous action of the muscles that create your unique facial expressions such as frowning and laughing. Anti-wrinkle treatments soften these to give you a more natural look.
Anti-wrinkle injections are helpful for reducing the:
- fine lines and wrinkles around your eyes commonly referred to as laugh lines
- frown lines between your eyebrows caused by frowning and deep concentration
- lines across your forehead from raising your eyebrows
- bunny lines on the sides of the nose and close to the eyes that come from scrunching up your nose and from smiling.
Anti-wrinkle injections can also be used:
- to lift eyebrows
- to treat the platysmal bands in the neck that may be prominent or pulling down the lower half of your face
- to treat masseters, the muscles used for chewing that can cause widening of the jaw.
We are also trained to treat medical conditions such as:
- teeth grinding, which damages dentition and can cause severe headaches
- hyperhidrosis or excessive sweating that can affect the underarms, hands and feet.
The results of anti-wrinkle injections are not immediate, and may take from 4 to 14 days to take full effect. Please take this into account if you are planning your treatment around an upcoming event.
If you need another treatment for more effective results, our staff will discuss this with you to ensure you are well informed. An example may be lines and wrinkles around your eyes. Anti-wrinkle injections will only address some of these as some may be caused by thin, crepey skin around the eyes. A treatment like Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) can improve the skin’s integrity in this area by increasing the production of collagen and elastin.
Our focus is YOU. We strive to meet and exceed your expectations with our range of treatments. All our anti-wrinkle injections and treatments are prescribed by our in-house medical practitioner and will be administered by our qualified
and experienced staff. You and your needs are at the centre of everything we do. We want you to not only look great but to feel great too. We all would like for people to be commenting on how great you look and not wondering what treatments you have had done.
Beauty Boost is a revolutionary treatment that combines microneedling to deliver hyaluronic acid (HA), a simple sugar molecule. The Beauty Boost treatment offers many benefits including:
- adding volume and plumping, reducing fine lines and wrinkles
- treating thin, crepey skin under the eyes, on the neck, face, décolletage and hands
- stimulating the production of your own collagen and elastin
- boosting skin hydration.
Our Beauty Boost treatment allows for precise delivery in both the depth of needling and the amount of HA injected. This allows us to tailor a treatment that is specific to your individual needs. It provides great results as a standalone treatment or when combined with other therapies that may include anti-wrinkle injections, dermal fillers for additional volume and our platelet rich plasma (PRP) treatments.
At the Life Enhancement Clinic our primary goal is to provide you with options and a multidimensional approach to achieve the best anti-ageing results possible. Our staff are experienced in guiding you through the right treatments to help meet your anti-ageing needs, goals and expectations.
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatments
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) has quickly gained popularity as one of the leading aesthetic treatments due to its natural, long-lasting results using your own cells to achieve enhancement. PRP, or the ‘Vampire Lift’ as it is commonly called, was made famous by Kim Kardashian when she personally experienced not only amazing results, but the organic origins of the treatment concept.
PRP is not only used in the ‘Vampire Lift’ to improve skin tone and texture by increasing collagen production to plump and tighten skin, its also used for:
- hair thinning and loss
- increasing sexual performance including the:
- P-Shot for penis enhancement
- O-Shot for orgasim enhancement in women.
Our clinic considers these valid forms of rejuvenation and provide PRP treatments tailored to each.
Platelets are rich in growth factors that are imperative to cellular repair, regeneration and rejuvenation. Not all PRP treatments and harvesting methods are of the same standard. The quality and results achieved from PRP treatments are dependent on an individual’s health, lifestyle choice i.e smoking the quality of their blood and number of platelets.
Although individual results may vary, our clinic differs in our approach to providing PRP treatments. Unlike others, we differentiate our treatment protocols by focusing our attention on enriching the quality of your blood before harvesting the plasma. We achieve this by providing you with the option of an IV vitamin infusion prior to your treatment. We do this to assist the harvested platelets are of the highest quality, and help provide you with optimal results across all treatments.
After harvesting, the growth factor rich plasma is injected into the treatment area (which is numbed prior injection), The delivery methods will vary slightly depending on the treatment you are undergoing.
Frequently Asked Questions | Platelet Rich Plasma
As you age, the dermal components and cells decrease so the texture and appearance of the skin deteriorates. Ageing affects the hands, and the soft tissue of the face and body. This is characterised by sagging and thinning of the skin, puffiness, age spots and wrinkles (forehead, cheeks, neck and décolletage). The general texture of the skin changes and dryness is a problem. Sun exposure worsens the process with solar-aging and UV irradiation. This means that vertical and horizontal facial wrinkles appear, and skin texture deteriorates with time.
The trend now is to turn back the clock and undergo some form of rejuvenation to reduce facial wrinkles, lines and blemishes. There is a new approach appeals to clients who want to use natural methods to rejuvenate their skin. This method uses your own cells using autologous platelet rich plasma (PRP). This is also referred to as autologous cellular regeneration which is an aesthetic practice and a safe procedure. Used in combination with other therapies it can increase the results of other anti-ageing therapies.
Platelets are a vital step in collagen regeneration and wound healing. They have many functions and contain important growth factors that, when released, are responsible for:
- tissue regeneration and rejuvenation
- increasing collagen production
- recruiting other cells to the site of injury
- initiating vasculargrowth
- inducing cell differentiation
- bone mineralisation
- extra cellular matrix formation
- being a biological glue for tissue adhesion especially in skin flaps, bone grafts and trauma.
PRP is a ‘body own’ physiological product versus animal derived or human donor products, and eliminates the transmission of donor infections.
The procedure is safe and physiologically active. PRP preparation is quick and simple. Before treatment we take a 10 – 20 ml blood sample during your appointment. This is immediately placed into the centrifuge on our premises. When centrifugation is complete, the plasma is separated and combined with a patented platelet growth factor activator. This is then injected into different areas of your skin.
This c. The platelets gradually increase collagen to increase the thickness and overall health of the skin.
Everything is prepared on our premises so there is no risk
The areas we use PRP to treat include:
- around the eyes – periorbital rim
- cheeks and mid face
- thinning skin on the neck
- jaw line and sides of the face.
- backs of the hands
- other body areas.
The process for facial rejuvenation using PRP includes the following:
- Our doctor assesses the degree of skin ageing, and recommends a sensible treatment that will result in a reasonable outcome.
- Facial rejuvenation options are explained to you, including safety and the ability to produce your desired results. We discuss the number of sessions you need to get the desired results and the cost.
- The process is safe and effective for all skin tones because we use your own enriched plasma, but not all grades of wrinkling can be improved.
- A photograph of the skin is taken before we start to assist in follow-up treatments and to grade the level of the improvement.
- We collect your blood in special sterile tubes and it is centrifuged in the practitioner’s room to separate the plasma. The plasma is drawn into a syringe and activated to stimulate the natural growth factor released from the platelets in the plasma.
- You will have a topical local anaesthetic before the PRP is injected under the skin (including the dermis). We inject the PRP in the areas we have discussed such as the forehead, periorbital region, cheeks, chin, the dorsum of the hands, and various body parts to target the effects of ageing and wrinkles to rejuvenate them. The process is relatively painless providing sufficient topical anaesthesia is applied. Nitrous oxide, also known as happy gas, is available, if required, and is medically appropriate.
- Three treatments one month apart are advisable followed by a maintenance treatment of at least once a year, but preferably every six months.
- This entire process, including the injection time, takes only about 45 minutes to an hour in total. The process is on the same day and in the same medical practice.
Side effects are minimal and include mild swelling, bruising and redness for 12 – 24 hours.
NO! Not everyone is suitable for PRP treatments. People with skin diseases (e.g. SLE, porphyria, allergies), cancer, undergoing chemotherapy, severe metabolic and systemic disorders, and abnormal platelet functions (e.g. blood disorders) may not be suitable. Anti-coagulation therapy and underlying sepsis also excludes the use of PRP.
Results are visible within three weeks, and skin tone and texture gradually improve over ensuing months.
Advanced wrinkling cannot be reversed and a minimal improvement is predicted in people who abuse alcohol and tobacco. If you have severe scarring, your skin may not respond.
PRP is effective and has great results, but patient selection is important to get predictable results.
The dreaded turkey neck, and double chin, that stubborn area of fat on the upper portion of our neck and under the chin, contributes to the feeling of looking older and heavier than you are. In medical terms these areas are referred to submental fullness (double chin) and pre-platysmal fat (turkey neck), and may be caused by a number of factors including genetics, ageing, and weight changes. This area has been notoriously hard to treat in previous years, although now there is an effective solution.
Deoxycholic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body, that aids in the breakdown and absorption of dietary fat. When deoxycholic acid is injected subcutaneously into the neck area, it breaks down fat cells present, that are then reabsorbed by the body. Results can be seen after as little as two treatments, although depending on the surface area of fat, more treatments may be required. Each treatment is undertaken no less than four weeks in between, and capped at a maximum of six.
Deoxycholic acid provides phenomenal results when treating the neck and chin area, and can redefine jaw lines. The use of deoxycholic acid can be tailored into treatment plans that we feel will provide you with the neck of your dreams, including the use of anti-wrinkle injections, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), and Beauty Boost therapies.
The injectable rhinoplasty, non-surgical rhinoplasty or the liquid nose job as the treatment is often termed, is the use of a hyaluronic acid (HA) (a basic sugar molecule) dermal filler to augment the shape of your nose. Injectable rhinoplasty may not be a suitable treatment for all noses, nor assist with breathing issues, so whilst this treatment may be perfect for some, others may still need a surgical rhinoplasty. Our skilled aestheticians will go through a thorough consultation with you, to ascertain your areas of concern and to then assess whether injectable rhinoplasty is the right treatment option for you.
Injectable rhinoplasty is perfectly suited to smoothing bumps, widening or building the bridge of the nose, and defining or lifting the tip. Using injectable rhinoplasty as a treatment modality allows for fast transformations (half an hour or less), with immediately visible results and no down time, that will last 12-24 months (depending on the dermal filler used), and gives you the option of test driving your new nose prior to making a decision on whether to undertake a more permanent and invasive treatment option in the future, over ongoing injectable therapy.